Hawaiian, black lava sea salt, coarse

$8.10 - $33.60
0.00 LBS
Our Hawaiian salts are harvested from the island of Molokai using Molokai seawater, which tests as clean as any seawater on earth. The result is sea salt with lower sodium content and higher natural elements, trace minerals, and electrolytes. Even more specifically, the finished product is the white sea salt with a pH balance of 9.37, 81% sodium chloride, and the other 19% contains 80 naturally occurring trace minerals and electrolytes. In comparison, traditional table salts may contain as much as 99% sodium chloride.

Merging both ancient techniques and modern technology produces some of the purest salt by restricting the introduction of impurities during the dehydration process.

Variations of this salt are white silver, bamboo jade, Alaea red, black lava, and smoked alder and hickory sea salts. All variations use the pure white version of the salt as a base and introduce other components for differences in color, flavor, and texture. While not limited to culinary applications, these salts are also desired by industries such as spa, beauty, and nutrition, to name a few.

With premium activated coconut shell charcoal, the black lava version produces a dramatic dark-colored salt with delicious earthy, smoky flavors. Use as a finishing touch on fruits, vegetables, salads, fish and shellfish, barbeque, grilling (grilled pineapple), and sweet or savory applications.

Ingredients: sun-dried, hand-harvested white Hawaiian sea salt, premium activated coconut shell charcoal